01 August 2008

And back to reality, where shit doesn't blow up all the time... Batman ROCKED


So, I saw the late late showing of Dark Knight last night, and it was SO amazing. I was so excited about it, I couldn't fall asleep for like a half hour even though it was 2 in the morning. There are so many good things about it!

On the spectrum of dorkitude, I'm really only moderate: I used to watch the cartoon when I was a kid, 'Batman Returns,' but never read any comic books really. Luckily, a lot of the cartoon series were fairly true to the comic books, I feel. Anyway, there were a lot of things I recognized and could see coming from watching the cartoon series. It was all made much better from the fact that I had read nothing about the movie beforehand.

***SPOILER***

Now, I'm not so much a fan that I remembered Two-face's real name, until the transformation had already started taking place. Then, I was like, Oo! Oo!, I know who that is! What really gave it away was when he was getting the gasoline on the one side of his face. Super exciting. Another nice part was when the motorcycle broke out of the batmobile. Awesome.

I think that people who are less familiar with Batman would have enjoyed this movie less. I spent a large part of my childhood watching this series. I also have this theory that the movies usual follow the cartoon series. A couple years ago, there was that futuristic Batman cartoon series that I can't remember the name of... I don't know the story behind it either, but that Commissioner Gordon's kid seems like a pretty good contender for being a new fresh Batman.

As far as villians go, I really think they could have ended the movie right when Harvey's transformation had started, and then they could have had a whole movie about him instead of killing him off. Instead, they kept the Joker. I mean, I would have watched the amazing Heath Ledger as the Joker again, but unfortunately, that's not an option. All I can say is, Catwoman, please?

Also, I have this strange idea that Batman and Catwoman were some of the first furries.

BTW, did I mention that I LOVE explosions?!

No comments: