16 August 2008

An Internet Adventure: The Moon Rabbit!


The internet is so much more fun with links! Am I right, or am I right?

I was searching for lyrics for !!! - "Must Be the Moon." (!!! is my new obsession, I cannot get enough of it and it is really messing up my last.fm profile) I happen to have that firefox add-on which displays the most relevant wikipedia article for any google search. It was Moon rabbit! I am a sucker for moons and rabbits (Who can't be after reading Watership Down?!), so I eagerly read up on the moon rabbit. I learned a new word! Pareidolia! The moon rabbit is definitely my favorite pareidolia! I actually think he would make a good tattoo....

I learned another new word. Apophenia! This is my new favorite word. Sobering down a little, I feel like, if applied broadly, it really is a great description of our situation today. Or humanity's great pitfall throughout time, really. People are too smart to be happy, I think. But not smart enough to figure out how to save themselves endless grief. Or they're unwilling, as is my case. People are fucking crazy.

No comments: