28 July 2008

McCain Is Scared!

So, McCain has lowered himself to attacking Barack's person, saying he would rather win an election than a war. First of all, I don't remember McCain being so petty in the past. Some politicos on a Sunday morning news show I was watching agree with me - that this sort of thing is below the old McCain. Unfortunately, he has centered his new ads around this idea - playing into Americans fear of "the other." I think this is pathetic and it saddens me. Hopefully it will really only resound with the backwater hicks that would have voted for McCain anyway. Honestly, I don't really think of him as much of a war hero anyway, since he sucked at flying and graduated at the very bottom of his class at the Academy. He was probably a cocky asshole when he was young anyway.

ANYWAY. This is all besides the fact that I'm not even sure if this counts as a war right now. What constitutes a war? Isn't this just an occupation almost? Didn't Bush already declare victory for the "war"? I'm not sure if this "war" can be won anyway, its not like you can wipe all the violent people in the world out. I don't think there will ever be an end to violence over there.

No comments: