09 October 2008

Yay Monticello on Beating the Big Guy

You may remember that, a while ago, I mentioned a small Minnesotan city, Monticello, had been trying to build its own fiber-optic network, only to be sued by the local telecom company (turns out that I just mentioned that Monticello was sticking it to the man, and linked to an article, but same difference, really). I was particularly pissed at telecom's at the time because I was in the market for an internet connection, after my month-long theft of an insecure internet connection came to an end (They discovered me and my bandwidth-hogging ways). Today, I learned that Monticello won! So hooray! This means that telecom systems can be considered basic conveniences, like sewers and whatnot. SOOOOOO- I hope that other cities (Boulder) follow suit! Internet prices are ridiculous. We all know that.

No comments: