14 September 2008

SPORE creature!

Just a warning, this will be an exceedingly dorky post.

First off, I'm sure you noticed the lovely new banner. It has been altered to add some dorky elements, inspired in part by hipster-ish show posters. Neon, repetitive elements, also 80s or nerdcore symbols. I like the jellyfish a lot. He's an Apocalyptic jellyfish.

ALRIGHT. I started playing SPORE on Saturday morning. I have been enjoying myself. The cell stage is a nice mindless sort of 2d arcade like adventure. I chose to be an herbivore, so my entire existence consists of eating and running away from animals with big point teeth. I actually had some sweet poison ducts as a cell, so I had a purple haze behind me at all times. Very useful when something is chasing you. I thought the cell stage was very pretty :)

Onto the creature stage! Here is my SPORE page. Unfortunately, it only has pictures of the evolutions during the creature stage, but if you look at the first one, you can imagine what my cell looked like, minus the legs, right? Evolving legs was a sudden process, all of sudden, I got to stick some legs on. It would have been nicer if it was a smoother transition. I have determined that you have the same basic body SHAPE you had as a cell. But that you can contort the spine's length and curvature. You can also remove any elements, so essentially you don't really have to keep traits from your original cell. I chose to, though. My creature's eyes are from the cell stage, and it still has some lovely cilia tails from being a cell that you can't get as a creature. So that's something to think about. ALSO, these pictures are just of my final creature. The site has all of the color changes and different parts I had along the way.

The creature stage was hard. The mean carnivores killed me multiple times. I was mainly a social creature, so I got very good at singing, dancing, charming, and posing my way into allying other nice creatures. Some the animals you can't friend and they just beat up on you. ONE TIME, I had a really dulce ally in my pack in the form of a rouge beastie, and he was tough and he actually killed three attackers, BEFORE he was tragically killed by a bastard epic creature. There are these annoying epic creatures wandering around that are giant and plain mean. ANYWAY. That was sad. I got away though because I also was a decent sprinter. Ha. I finally made my leap into a fully evolved brain by consecutively allying three similarly purple species. So now I have this idea that maybe animals that are the same color as you like you better? Then I made my jump to tribe, and the three of them that I had in my pack became my pets, strangely enough.

Tribe is funny! Look at all the silly things you can dress your creature in! Tribal is better because the regular animals don't attack you anymore and your fellow animals become tribes slowly. Right now, there is only one other tribe besides myself and I figured out how to impress them but haven't quite figured out how to give them presents. Alternatively, I could just attack and kill them, but you should realize by now that I am a pacifist. ANYWAY, its all about collecting food and making babies, I guess. Mating is pretty cute, BTW. In tribal, you don't get to see it anymore, they just pop an egg out of the hut.

OVERALL, I am quite pleased with my creature. I think he's freakin' cute. He sort of reminds me of a trilobite/koala/koopa. And to clarify, he does have two sets of hands off the one elbow. The pincher things and some nice grippers. Not that I ever fought, but I COULD have, pathetically. AND besides LOOKING cute, he also SOUNDS cute. Super Cute. Trills and whistles and birdie like noises, I think because of his bird beak. SO cute.

No comments: