20 January 2009

Clouds are Gross

SOOOOO. What we thought were nice fluffy, pure clouds of delicious, clean water vapor are actually full of disgusting bacteria. Not that there is anything really wrong with bacteria, and it is everywhere, just that I never expected it to be in clouds. APPARENTLY, the bacteria have taken to the skies and use clouds to travel and colonize other places on earth. AND, say in a region with a lot of plants, the bacteria go up into the clouds and may have an effect in nucleating rain drops and causing rain. SO, all your rain dancing bull shit won't help one bit if you kill all the plants. This can lead to a sort of vicious cycle in deforested or over-chemicaled fields, where the bacterial load is decreased, so there are not as many airborne bacteria, so there is no rain, etc etc etc. I mean, its all pretty cool, but still, when I went skydiving, I went through a cloud, and maybe someone should have told me about this first so I could have least kept my mouth shut while going through it. It felt cool and misty, but I didn't know that was because of all the billions of little mushy bacteria that were running into me, and not just water droplets. Oh well.

Also, life has been difficult and busy lately and I don't have time to peruse the internets like I used to. Maybe I never really had the time in the first place.

No comments: